Saturday 28 March 2015

Blanket Love

One of my favorite past times is curling up on the sofa in front of the TV with a cup of tea and my bag of knitting.  It is so satisfying when you complete a project.  My husband laughs at me because when we go anywhere in the car my knitting always has to come too.  Having knitted a fair few projects for the girls I seem to have accumulated an abundance of wool oddments.  Not wanting to throw them away I decided to embark upon a crocheted granny square blanket. 


Some 70 odd squares later I am nearing the end of this project.  Once I find time to sew all the ends in (the bit I hate) I will post some pictures.  In the mean time it got me thinking how much I need a decent blanket or throw in my life.  Over the winter months putting this blanket together made me realise just how cosy they can be.  I felt like a granny with it draped over my knees but boy was it warm.  Until I had children I never really had the need for a blanket and thought it was a bit weird when I was given one for my 16th birthday, now I rarely go anywhere without one. They are so useful, for that impromptu picnic indoors or outdoors, the odd trip to the beach or a tired baby in need of a little nap.  Maybe this should be one of my key investments for 2015.

Here are a few of my favorite blanket picks.










   

No comments:

Post a Comment