One of the key areas I know I need to work on is putting together and maintaining a weekly meal plan. On the occasions I do get my act together I have found that
- We save money on our weekly food bill
- We cut the amount of food we waste
- I don't end up scratching around at the last minute racking my brains on what we are going to eat.
- It's easier to maintain a more balanced diet
- We have a more enjoyable week with fun after school activities without me being stressed out about dinner.
So I created a series of our regular meals and made them into magnets which are now stuck to the front of the fridge, combined with a weekly planner I can now quickly meal plan for the week and on those days where things change or don't go to plan I have a bank of meals I can quickly choose from.
You can download my regular meal set here.
To make your own you will need.
- 1 sheet of magnetic paper
- You can either create your own meals in something like word or publisher or you can download my meal sheet here
- Spray Lacquer
- Weekly Planner.
- Download and print off the meal sheet onto the magnetic paper being careful not to handle it too much to prevent smudges
- I found that the ink didn't dry properly so once it was touch dry I gave it a quick coat of spray lacquer to set the designs firmly in place.
- Cut them out and voila a set of magnetic meals for easy meal planning.
I hope you find these as helpful as I do.