Wednesday 22 April 2015

Tassels and pom poms.

For the last few weeks I have been driving my poor husband up the wall in my quest to find a new handbag to take to my sisters wedding without spending a total fortune.  I love the thought of turning up carrying a neat little clutch bag with nothing more than a coin purse and lipstick.  In reality any one with children will know that a bag (regardless of size) without a shoulder strap is a total nightmare.  Firstly you always need a spare hand to carry a baby, or hold hands, a constant supply of snacks, babywipes, nappies, dummies and in our case stinky blankey (Harriet's treasured soft toy).  As my mum keeps reminding me I am the bridesmaids mother (although what this actually means I am not too sure).  I am mindful that I may need a supply of activities for the church.  Here are a few of my favourite child free finds.

I love the colour contrast on this bag and the pom pom tassel. 






I love that this season everything seems to be adorned with tassels and pom poms.  Having slightly lost the will on the handbag front (I still have 10 days to find something) I decided to make some tassels for a small coin purse/clutch bag I have.  

Whilst Harriet was asleep this afternoon I  raided my craft supplies and found a few old beads and some wool.  I was surprised at how easy it is to make a tassels. 









No comments:

Post a Comment