Thursday 19 March 2015

DIY Spring time tote


I love this time of year.  I love watching the tulips and daffodils poking up from the depths of winter and the blossom appearing on the trees.  I love the fact the evenings are getting lighter and the thought of some warm summer sunshine is only just around the corner.  I thought I would share my love for spring with this colourful spring tote.  It was so easy to make.

You will need 

a printer either an ink jet or a laser jet
a plain canvas tote bag
an A4 sheet of T-Shirt Transfer Paper make sure you get the right paper for your printer.
a pair of scissors
a sheet of greasproof paper 
an iron 
an ironing board

The first thing you need to do is download my PDF tulip images and print them off onto the T-Shirt Transfer paper as per the instructions on the packet.

Next you need to cut the images out as close to the edges as possible.  This prevents any bleed.




Once you have carefully cut your tulips out arrange them face down on your plain canvas bag. Again following the instructions on the transfer packet iron the images into place.  I usually place a piece of greasproof or heat resistant paper on top of my images to prevent heat damage from my iron.

When you are sure that the images have been heated sufficiently carefully peel the backing paper off and voila you have one spring time tote bag. 


No comments:

Post a Comment